Follow Me on Twitter

Si el amor es guerra, no quiero paz.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Walking the Amazong

Ed Starfford recently became the first person to walk the entire length of the Amazon river, a feat that took two years to complete. What this man has done is utterly amazing and crazy.
http://bit.ly/btKgj1

I find this article especially interesting because I went to the Amazon for a week this summer and thought it was a great experience. The Amazon is a beautiful ecosystem that houses more than 50% of all species. After traveling to such an amazing place, it is hard to wonder why man kind would ever hurt this world we live on.

The best part of my trip was when my family and I went to "La isla de los micos" (Monkey Island). When we fed the monkeys, there were at least 20 on top of us fighting to get a banana; it was extremely exciting. My dad and I also canopied up a 100 foot tree which was something I'd never done before, and then zip lined over the rain forest to reach our final destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment